Thursday, March 15, 2012

24 Weeks Pregnant


Six months pregnant already! Sometimes it feels like this pregnancy is flying by and somedays it feels like it's taking forever, just depends on how I'm feeling that day. Baby girl is very, very active and I love that, but it definitely makes for some uncomfortable nights! I've also been having lots of contractions, which I absolutely hate. I think a lot of this is due to the stress I'm under right now (work stuff as usual) and some of it is due to this being my second pregnancy. I'm carrying a lot higher this time around and not putting on much weight (which I'm sure will change soon). Jackson loves to pat my belly and say "baby," which is totally cute. The nursery is coming together and basically all we have left to do is paint the crib and either make the crib bedding or have someone make it for me. Four more months to go!


Size of baby: Grapefruit! Baby girl is about 10.5 inches long and weighs around 12.7 ounces.




Weight gain so far: Still only four pounds. I've ramped up my eating schedule to try and pack on more pounds. I'm not really concerned and that as baby girl gets bigger I will too!

Sleep: Getting better. I have been sleeping through the night more regularly, but I'm still pretty uncomfortable. Just another one of those aspects of pregnancy that you have to deal with.


Clothes: Non-maternity tops are getting too snug. Luckily I don't really have to get "dressed" each day due to working from home, so I just wear baggy t-shirts and sweats for the most part.


Food cravings/aversions: Still liking sweets and fruit. No real "cravings" right now.

Symptoms: Tons of contractions, which can be exhausting and worrisome. I've also had some nausea. I'm also a LOT more tired at the end of the day.


What baby's up to: Growing bigger and moving around a lot! The coolest thing is seeing my belly moving around when she does!


What we've been up to this week: I found a dresser at Goodwill, repainted it, and added new knobs. It turned out super cute for all of $60! We also bought the crib and I now need to paint it the green color I found on Pinterest and figure out the bedding situation. Otherwise the nursery is pretty much ready to go thanks to the vintage furniture I've inherited from family members!


What's next: We have a regular monthly doctor's appointment next Friday. I'll finally get to have my ultrasound in two weeks to determine if my previa has moved at all. My doctor is very optomistic that it will, so we're crossing our fingers! If not, then it looks like we're going to have a c-section.






Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comments:

The Whyte House said...

You are SUCH a cute pregnant girl. I love the belly! Jackson is so adorable too, with his head resting below your bump. How fun for all of you. I'm glad that you're doing great :)

Post a Comment